Monday, August 08, 2005

Tell me if you think this is odd.

This morning, just like every other morning in this very predictable life, I found myself standing awaiting the 7.15 bus to the city. Now this is the same bus I catch every morning and generally there is same group of people are standing waiting for this bus, no eye contact, no chatting, you know, commuters. That’s obviously not the odd bit, just wait, we’ll get there together.

It’s a cold morning, hey it’s winter, so SAAK is wearing his Essendon beanie. Which I fell just accentuates the black suit, well that may just be me. Like all other mornings, SAAK is reading some enthralling statement issued from the ATO and listening to some crap on MMM, when all of a sudden he fells a tap on his right shoulder.

I may have mentioned this previously, but I do tend to drink my fair share, so at 7.15am not so much compos mentis. Hell at this point I’ve only had one cigarette and no coffee so some one touching me out of the blue comes as a fairly decent shock.

Any who, this complete random, who is one of the people waiting for bus decides he wants to strike up a conversation, now, I’ve been doing this commuting thing for a while now, I’m sure there’s some kind of law against this, at least some rule of etiquette. Worse still he decides to sit next to me on an otherwise near empty bus.

I’m going to have to catch a different bus now aren’t I. I don’t deal well with change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home