Wednesday, August 31, 2005

apologies.. a little introspection

Last night scaryasakitten had the privilege of sitting at a table with him, her, her, him and her (now I know the done thing is to insert links, but since no one actually reads this shite it seems a little overboard).

These people were the embodiment of cool, beautiful, smart, witty and straight up and down funny and it occurred to SAAK, despite having one or two or three pints too many, that life actually was not being cruel to him imposing a life of solitude, rather it is natural section doing what natural section does naturally.

So I thank these lovely people for their company, their smiling faces and wise and witty words and wish them well on life’s adventures, new and old ….. and apologise for any gaffes on SAAK’s part.

*shuts up … returns to real life*

7 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Gaffes? C'mon, there were no gaffes! There was banter! There was impressively polite hand raising! There were inappropriate jokes about bugles and Gallipoli and rabbit shaggers, but no gaffes!

And unless you went out and met up with a whole other bunch of bloggers later on in the night, I fear you are being far too kind to the Sydney nerd posse. But I'm sure I speak for all of them (and believe me, I attempt to speak for all of them all of the time, especially when saying rude things) when I say thank you for making us sound rather ace.

NO MORE TALK OF GAFFES, MOTHERFUCKER! x

PS: Are you impressed by my ability to remember details like, oh, I don't know, blogspot addresses? Mwahahahahah...

6:08 PM  
Blogger la nadine said...

i beleive jess has said it all.

as usual.

*returns to the cold of jess' shadow*

6:36 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Don't pull your Barbara Hershey\Bette Midler "Wind Beneath My Wings" shit on me, Nadine!

You are nowhere near my shadow. My shadow aches for you and you pay it no mind - NO MIND!

*returns to writing love poems directed at Nadine*

6:49 PM  
Blogger la nadine said...

i can't help it.

beaches completes me.

do you hear me, mcbappington?

IT COMPLETES ME!!!

6:53 PM  
Blogger scaryasakitten said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:06 PM  
Blogger scaryasakitten said...

Jess, not so much impressed by remembering the site name, given conversations revolving around Sydney accountants and fluffy critters, more impressed that, even though you were warned of the inanity of the site, you still took the time to visit, bless you.

And yes, it was obviously a different group of rogue bloggers that brightened my evening!

Nadine - Welcome to you as well, kick your shoes off, get out of the shadows and make yourself at home.

7:18 PM  
Blogger cybele malinowski said...

dear sir, it was a pleasure to meet you too. tho have we not met before? many years ago? no?

oh! and i can't believe that i am finally classed as a blogger! thankyou!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home